I find quite often that people claim to have full fledged belief in a religion (namely Christianity), and yet act contrary to their doctrines. One of the main issues I used to have as a Christian was just how we would all just kinda pick and choose what we believed and went with it, I mean I know that there's no way any person can follow the ten commandments but there are some little things that many people don't even know they are doing that are against their religion. For me, the best example of this is Astrology, best known for the horoscopes we read online or in magazines. Isn't it supposed to be a take it all or leave it system? Why bother believing in one thing if you ignore the rest? I guess if we don't like it we just discard it and custom fit ourselves with our own religion.
The most entertaining experience I had with this specific hypocrisy was at an office I worked at a few years ago. This girl was lecturing me on why I should believe in Jesus and how she is such a true believer but then proceeded to talk about how her and her boyfriend belong together because their astrological signs match. My immediate response being the confrontational person that I am was to grab a Bible ASAP and turn to one of the MANY MANY verses on why astrology is a NO NO for Christians; Her immediate response was a frozen stare followed by a quick "oh I don't believe in that part." Wtf?
Those Verses I was talking about: Deut:4:19, 17:2-5, 18:10-14, Isaiah 47:13 and the list goes on but the point is that it agitates me when people can do things like this but still believe they have the right to preach to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment